Six Dishes from Jean Sulpice now on Air France
“From a selection of six dishes, the two Michelin-starred chef celebrates nature with a wholesome, inventive and authentic subtle cuisine,” said a release from Air France.
The six dishes on offer are:
- Trout in a watercress dressing, corn polenta with watercress;
- Shoulder of lamb with a wild savory sauce, mashed potato and sucrine lettuce salad;
- Tender beef cheek braised in red wine and coriander sauce, creamed potatoes and chestnuts;
- Guinea fowl served with a caraway sauce and creamed parsnips;
- Cod fish fillet in a tangerine satay sauce, spinach with peanut;
- Mountain celery and lovage with comté cheese risotto.
Located in Val Thorens, in the heart of the 3 Vallées ski resort, Sulpice’s restaurant sits at more than 2,300 meters. Following his training with Marc Veyrat among others, Sulpice showcases nature through a traditional local and straightforward cuisine, creating bursts of flavor with deceivingly simple produce. Local products, wild plants and herbs are a permanent source of inspiration.
After working 15 years in a mountain setting, Chef Jean Sulpice with his wife Magali recently took over the reins of the restaurant Auberge du père Bise. Located on the banks of Annecy lake. He will open his new Auberge du père Bise to the public in May 2017, following a last winter season in his restaurant in Val Thorens. http://pax-intl.com/