Virgin Trains on the east coast is offering flyers between Edinburgh and London discounted travel in a bid to encourage more people to forget the plane and take the train. With Standard Class tickets down to £15 each way, First Class tickets at £30 each way and 20,000 discount codes up for grabs there’s never been a better time to take advantage of the near half-hourly service connecting the centre of London with the heart of Edinburgh.
The offer gives inter-city travellers an opportunity to swap air travel inconveniences (e.g. check-in, luggage allowance, lack of connectivity, and distance to destination) for the ease and style of Virgin Trains to arrive refreshed and ready.
What’s more, customers can enjoy free onboard Wi-Fi, free movies, TV episodes, magazines and games via Beam, Virgin Trains’ new onboard entertainment service, food from the recently revamped menu, as well as the comfortable refurbished trains’ interiors.
Whether you’re attending a business meeting in the capital, planning a trip to the iconic Edinburgh Castle, or just fancy exploring a new city, there are now 42 additional trains connecting England and Scottish cities every week, providing 22,000 additional seats, – recently unveiled and all part of Virgin Trains’ £140m investment programme along the east coast route.
Discounted travel can be obtained and exchanging details of a recent flight booking for a discount code. Customers can get discounts codes betweenSeptember 29 and November 3 2016 and have until November 10 to book tickets, for travel betweenOctober 6 and December 16 2016. Discount codes are also available for other destinations in Scotland on Virgin Trains’ east coast route.
David Horne, Managing Director at Virgin Trains on the east coast, said: “We’re excited to be offering flyers between London and Edinburgh the opportunity to experience our amazing on-board service for a great price. With increased rail connectivity between the English and Scottish capitals, this is the perfect chance for people to experience a touch of Virgin Trains’ glamour for less.”
- This offer is valid on the following Virgin Trains East Coast services only, Edinburgh Waverley, Haymarket, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Dunbar, Inverkeithing, Kirkcaldy, Leuchars, Dundee, Falkirk Grahamston, Stirling, Gleneagles and Perth to/from London King’s Cross.
- The discount is not valid for Virgin Trains services on the West Coast
- This offer is only available through virgintrainseastcoast.com/planerelief
- To access this offer, please complete the form on this page. Evidence of an Edinburgh to/from London flight between 01/01/15 – 31/12/16 required for code to be issued.
- If your submission is valid, a promotion code will be shown on screen. The code will also be sent to the email provided on the form within 24 hours of submission. Your code is required to access these tickets
- Offer ends when 20,000 codes have been issued or on 03/11/16, whichever is sooner.
- The code is valid for one transaction only for up to four adults and four children (each way) for use until 23.59 on 10/11/16
- One promotion code will be issued per valid email address only. Multiple submissions will not be accepted
- Promotion code can only be used when booking through the promotional link on this landing page or on the email you may have received
- Valid for travel from 06/10/16 to 16/12/16 inclusive
- Where the booking and travel periods overlap, bookings can be made up to the day before travel
- Tickets are valid on booked date and train only
- Tickets are subject to availability
- No other offers, vouchers or discounts can be applied, including Railcards or child discounts. No changes, no refunds and no break of journey permitted.